(STURGIS) – It was an early end to the day for students and staff at Sturgis High School on Friday.
Just after 11 AM School officials announced that an isolated gas leak had been identified at the High School. The Sturgis Fire Department and Michigan Gas Utilities were called to the school and as a precaution recommended the building be evacuated.
School officials did that and decided to dismiss students for the rest of the day.
The leak was detected in the art room.
(03-19-2019) ISD Votes To Move Forward With CTE Millage Request
(03-19-2019) Howe Military Academy To Close After 2018-19 School Year
(03-19-2019) Lakeland School Board Hears Reports On Schools
(03-19-2019) Fire Damages House In Nottawa
(03-19-2019) Medical Emergency May Have Caused Crash
(03-18-2019) Three Rivers Man Injured In Crash On Sunday
(03-18-2019) Driver Arrested For OWI And CCW Violation
(03-18-2019) Driver Injured In Cass County Crash
(03-18-2019) Hoosier Homesteads Awarded To NE Indiana Farms
(03-16-2019) Investigators Release More About Sherwood Crash
(03-16-2019) One Killed, One Injured In Toll Road Crash
(03-16-2019) Two State Chase Lands Man Behind Bars
(03-16-2019) Maple Syrup Days Underway
(03-15-2019) Southwest Michigan Jobless Rates Up During January 2019
(03-15-2019) Crash In Sherwood Township
(03-15-2019) Driver Arrested After Wednesday Evening Crash
(03-15-2019) Glen Oaks' Concourse Renovation Going Well
(03-14-2019) City Commission Approves Med. Marijuana Ordinance
(03-14-2019) State Presents Audit Report On Wolcottville
(03-14-2019) Man Sentenced For Coldwater Assault